Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fork in the Road

When I started this blog, I never really intended for it to garner a lot of hits, which it doesn't. It was mostly a way for me to vent about stuff without bogarting someone else's blog. I'm verbose, but I have the good sense to know it and try to control it.
But lately, I'm feeling the urge to take the blog in a new direction. Maybe because I've gotten most of whatever-it-was out of my system. It was mostly a reaction to the housing bubble and frustration at wanting my own house, and to be truthful, if it was just a question of being able to afford to buy, I'd have bought already. Houses are dropping into my range. But it's moved beyond that, and buying a house is no longer as big a priority as it was.
So, this is going to be the transition post, just in case you stumble by. I am going to TRY to steer myself towards posting actually helpful information about simplifying your wants, meeting your needs, and maintaining your humanity.

2 comments:

patient renter said...

I think I understand a bit of where you're coming from. When I first stumbled across the housing bubble, I really wanted to buy a house too. I couldn't wait for prices to drop ASAP so I could get the house I'd been dreaming of and get on with life. Now it's just not a priority anymore. Wierd isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I was fine with renting for about 4 yrs but recently I have the itch to buy again. It think it has to more to do with no plumbing for 4 days over Xmas and no power for 3 days in Jan then prices. If I move again, it's to stay.