Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Real Cmyst

The blog will be more SCA oriented, along with gaming stuff. To that end, the pictures I post will be either real SCA events that we've attended or screenshots from games. Towards the end of last year, I entered Second Life again. My avatar in Second Life is Cmyst Turbo, who lives in a castle in Inverness and also has a croft near Loch Ness. She mostly wanders around trying to find somewhat socially redeeming activities to engage in, which is not easy in Second Life, but IS possible. When bored, she pulls out the 'ol fiddle and busks at the side of the road.
I consider my mundane career a blessing, and a solemn responsibility, and often a joyful endeavor -- but it does not define me. It provides the financial support for my REAL life as a brewer, cheese-maker, silk painter, medieval hobbyist, archer, mother, grandmother, life partner, Shireling of Mountain's Gate, Hobbit Hunter and Warden, and Reaver of the Ettenmoors.

No comments: