Sunday, July 14, 2013

Princess of Cynagua

The Investiture went great! It's amazing what you miss when you're waiting to process in. I had to run up and listen outside the door while Miach was swearing his Oath. I totally missed Uther's introduction of Miach, which evidently was awesome. I missed Geoffrey of Clan Fergus' poem.
Kitty and Treasioch braided my hair, and people thought it was awesome. Discovered today, while trying to take out the braids, that my hair is getting very thin on top, which is upsetting but really there's nothing I can do about it. I'm taking supplements and drinking protein drinks. If it continues, I may have to just cut it all off, which would make me sad, but I could start over from scratch and try to keep it from breaking. Right now, it's got lots of split ends and broken ends.
The garb was great, and everyone pulled together for Investiture so very well. We DID wear woad!! Juliana painted our faces. I "stained my nails with berry juice" (food coloring) then washed them and buffed them and that was interesting.
Arnold decided he wants to join the SCA, and he came out this morning wanting to shoot archery....
We have so much largesse that we had to put up a storage shelf unit in the family room.
And the REALLY hard part is now over -- No more lines to memorize!

No comments: