Saturday, July 6, 2013

Saturday

Today I went to Patti's and she sewed and adjusted the ionar, while I sewed amber beads onto the my leine. She is going to keep Miach's tunic, and she's taking the mostly-finished ionar to Sorcha to hem and embellish. She needed to put gores into the ionar, but she's pleased with the way that it hangs and thinks that once the embroidery is on it, that will pull it down a bit more.
I was surprised to find that I'd finished putting the beads on with most of the day still left, so when I went home I sewed up the large woven band that Patti had given me from she and Gunther's stash, into a fabric belt for Miach. Meanwhile, Miach was down at Auntie's being fitted, and then she finished his trews and hand-sewed their hems while he waited. She also made him a pair of tight, short Book of Kells soldier trews.
Countdown Day 7 very productive.

No comments: