Saturday, March 23, 2013

Gastric Bypass Part 2 Day 10

Danni and I met Brit, her boyfriend Ethan, and her friend Rachel, at this place called Quickly in midtown Sac. It's what they call a Boba Shop. Boba is evidently marble-sized tapioca, which they place into tea and flavor the tea with one of a bajillion flavors, add milk, etc. It is really more milkshake, or slushie, than tea. 
I had plain green Jasmine tea, hot. 
But this counts as "eating out" event #3! And I for sure got my liquids in today. I decided to skip my breakfast mini-meal, because my tummy felt touchy. But I got the protein drink in. And I took my lunch min-meal with me, met Danni at the place she's staying and ate my mini-lunch, and then by the time we arrived at Quickly, the 30 minutes post meal period was up and I had 16 oz of hot tea. I then had an additional 16 oz of hot tea back at Danni's place, where we debated current affairs and listened to stories from her kind-of father-in-law, Jack. Jack is politically diametrically opposed to me, but I really like the guy. He's a hoot. 
My post lunch protein shake took me over 2 hours to drink, mostly because I mixed some almond butter into it and I think that just made it too heavy. Once again, trying to mix up the flavors a bit, and not getting good results.
So I have dinner mini-meal and post dinner protein drink to get through still, but I'm confident that I will. 
I really enjoyed my baby-food veggies and canned chicken dinner last night, and I know the doggies will appreciate the rest of the canned chicken, too, so that's probably going to be a repeat tonight. 

No comments: