Friday, March 22, 2013

Gastric Bypass Part 2, days 8 and 9

So suddenly, my protein drinks have become very tedious. The vanilla just does not taste good, no matter what I do with it. The chocolate is good, but drinking a chocolate drink twice a day forever is boring. 
So I decided yesterday to add some instant coffee to the vanilla. BAD MISTAKE. I ended up in the toilet for about an hour. I didn't think I'd ever get out of there.

But I recovered, and again, got all the protein drinks in for the day and as much fluid as I could sip. I even packed a "dinner" of cottage cheese, salsa and avocado in a little plastic container and slipped it into my purse for the Shire meeting. So, that's twice now that I've eaten out! I bought baby food veggies and fruits, and froze little individual teaspoon size servings of them, since I'm supposed to be having meals that consist of a variety of foods with each meal. This is really hard when your meals are so tiny!

Today has been ho-hum. Mike is going to March Crown in Tres Pinos, and preparing for that took up most of the day. As always, he hit the road about 3 hours behind schedule. I really wish he'd taken our little gypsy van trailer with the built-in bed and sink, but he didn't. So he's going to be setting up a tent and a slat bed when he gets there, which should be around 8 pm. But at least I can relax now. As soon as I feed the animals and put up the chickens, that is! I'm also going to try to keep a fire going in the woodstove. I was told I'd feel cold after the surgery, and man, do I ever. Very odd for me. I love nothing more than climbing into my mattress-pad-heated bed and reading at bedtime, and I've been wrapping up in a blanket in the house during the day. 
Another thing I've noticed is that my sense of smell seems unusually acute. It's not unpleasant. 

No comments: