Saturday, March 9, 2013

Gastric Bypass Part 1 Day 3



Three days post-op, and feeling MUCH better. Pretty sure I'm going to survive now. Bowels are working fine, since late yesterday. And it was a big psychological boost to get all my protein and water in yesterday!
Patti brought me daffodils from her yard, which are just beautiful and amazingly cheery. Jeff and Patti came over yesterday evening and stuffed dates, and Jeff ate the Kimchi and pronounced it good.
I was able to chew up my two children's vitamins this morning, but they were not tasty. The calcium chew WAS tasty. I even took a wild chance and mixed my protein with buttermilk this morning, as I'm allowed to mix it with skim milk and buttermilk is skim milk (really, it is). It was not as tasty as when I tried it prior to surgery, but I'm sure the extra calcium and good probiotics in it will be helpful, so I'm going to keep doing it.

Mike is finally out the door, about 2 hours late, as usual. I hope his Feast will go ok, and that he and his crew  can catch up. He has a really hard time doing things ahead of time and preparing well. He's using my surgery as an excuse, but in my opinion, he would be running 2 hours late even if I hadn't had surgery. I think if he uses the ovens at the hall, in addition to the smokers he has, he will be able to get the meat cooked. He also has two very experienced cooks helping him, and hopefully they won't be too hard on him.

My job over the next 8 hours is to clean up the kitchen and make a fresh bed in the guest room for some Feast guests that traveled a long distance to attend and would like to not have to drive back tonight late. Yes, it's a bit early for that, but my plan is to do what I can, then take the doggies into the master bedroom and call it a night -- not going to entertain, and I think that will be understandable.

Day Three has been GOOD.

No comments: